Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gifts for Baby

Here are the two handmade gifts I made for our little guy for Christmas. I had wanted to make this little rocket man for quite some time! This was a fairly easy project; although I had a little trouble getting the little pouch just right. I used a cereal box for the wings, like the tutorial suggested. I'm kind of thinking that something sturdier would be much better though; maybe plastic canvas. The only thing I had to purchase for this was the wooden egg. It was so exciting this year to only have to buy a very small amount of supplies for the gifts I made.




This little book was a last minute gift I put together. For the pages, I just cut rectangles from an old white sheet, about 8 x 17 inches. I used Steam-a-Seam to attach my shapes/animals to one side, then sandwiched felt rectangles cut a half an inch smaller. Then top-stitched the pages before putting it all together. Most sewing projects I just want to see the end result, but I really enjoyed the process with this one. I could have really gone nuts with this one, more embroidery and fun trims, but Christmas was upon me and I needed to keep it simple!




Felt pocket with shapes to pull out. Inside the shapes I put bits of that plastic wrapper that wipes come in. It gives it a little crinkly sound.


On the last page I put a little lift-a-flap. Inside the flap I put a bit more crinkly wrapper. Fun, right? I really like how this turned out. I think I'll be making more of these in the future.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Shelly, these are just adorable! Great, great ideas!