Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding



In celebration of today's royal wedding, we got out the fancy china, and had tea and scones for breakfast. I read aloud to the kids about queens and kings in London, Big Ben and Parliament. And we may have practiced our British accents just a bit.
One of the many things I love about homeschooling is scrapping your regular curriculum once in awhile and learning about something related to what's going on in the world.


And we get to do it all in our pajamas and fancy hats.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I LOVE it! How do you shape your scones so prettily?

Shelly said...

I dump the dough onto my pan and pat it out with my hands, then I cut with a big knife (without separating). I love that recipe because I get two pans of eight scones each, then I have some for the freezer!